Made with the appropriate elements, a smoothie can take the place of a meal. This smoothie weed recipe is super-tasty, filling, and good for you — a scrumptious triple menace.
Weed recipe: Infused peanut butter and almond milk smoothie
Yield: Serves 2
(Bruce Wolf photograph through the “Cooking with Hashish” cookbook)
1 banana, sliced and frozen
eight pitted dates
1½ cups (355 ml) almond milk
¼ cup (60 g) vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons (32 g) peanut butter
2 tablespoons (28 ml) maple syrup, divided
2 teaspoons canna-oil, made with coconut oil
¼ cup (35 g) chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
1. In a blender, totally mix the banana, dates, almond milk, yogurt, peanut butter, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup, and the canna-oil.
2. Place the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup on a shallow plate. On one other plate, place the peanuts. To rim a glass with peanuts, maintain the underside of the glass, dip the rim within the syrup, after which run it via the peanuts.
3. Pour the smoothie into the ready glasses and serve.
Chef’s notes: Smoothies are so versatile. They’re a deal with any time.
• For infusing a smoothie, I choose canna-oil made with coconut oil.
• As a substitute of peanut butter, you would substitute with different fruit as a replacement. Use what’s in season, or freeze ripe fruit for as much as six months.
This recipe is featured in “Cooking with Hashish,” revealed by Quarry Books, and is obtainable via Amazon.